Thursday, July 22, 2010

Hello all! Quick post because I'm off to meet some friends soon. Today we continued with class, and heard a really interesting presentation about Chilean past and present politics. Still very polemic up through today--it's quite interesting if you have some free time to research a bit!

After class and lunch we headed off towards La Moneda, the Chilean equivalent to the White House. However, first we stopped at Cerro Santa Lucia, a hill on top of which the Spaniards built a small lookout. It rained last night which cleared away the smog, leaving a clear view of the Andes from the top of the cerro. It was quite an impressive view, especially after climbing up the narrow, old stone steps built by the Spanish. From there we continued to La Moneda, where we got a tour around the inside of the building (apparently the president, Piñera, was there today!).

My cell phone hasn't been working, so after the tour I went with Elsa, one of the CIEE staff, to fix it at the Entel store. I tried to go by myself yesterday, but my spanish vocabulary for cell phone parts is seriously lacking.

Watching a tv show with my host dad now...chao!

1 comment: