Wednesday, August 11, 2010

chilAY

Hello! So it's been rather CHILLY in CHILE. HAH. But for real, today was absolutely freezing, while the day before was almost t-shirt weather. I'm sensing that Michigan's unpredictable weather patterns have followed me here. Great.

Apparently some people who will go unnamed rebeccanovello think that I can do better with the name for this blog. Suggestions have been 1. Allyson is not in Mexico (a leetle politically incorrect, no?), 2. Enchil(e)ada (...mmm mexican foood), 3. Something with the witty wordplay between Chile the country and chilly the state of being less than warm. Suggestions and votes are welcome.

Tengo sueeeeeño, so this will be cortito (it'slatei'mtiredthis'llberullshortrullshort). I pretty much officially know my class schedule. Translated into English, I'm taking: Human Rights in Chile; Government and Social Responsibility; Confronting Poverty (with a service learning component, woohoo!); and Vargas Llosa, Novelista (a lit class). I think they'll all be really interesting, and if I don't die from the 300 pages of novel reading a week, this'll be a great semester!


More exciting things are happening too I'm sure, but I am too sleepy at the moment to think past tea time a few hours ago. I will leave you with this lovely picture of me from when I put off an essay and about 100 pages of reading until the last minute. Apparently procrastination doesn't leave when you go to a new country. Dammit.

2 comments:

  1. I am still proud of my suggestion: "It's Chile down here!" Cheesy but true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture makes me smile. Also, you would be proud of me. The other day someone thought you were in Argentina, but I corrected them. Mexico is NOT Argentina. JUSHT KEEDING!!! Wanna send us some nice cool air?

    I vote 2.

    ReplyDelete