Thursday, August 26, 2010

Juevesss what up

It is thursday hallelujuah I can sleep! Lovely. Somehow I've managed to not get a lot of sleep OR do a lot of homework. (Really good equation to never get ANYTHING done: put a natural procrastinator in a new country, and all they do is sit there thinking "i'm in chile, i'm in chile, heehee this is so cool, i'm in chile". Oh yeah, it's that bad.)

Also funny thing, is that parents here actually encourage kids to go out on the weekend. Example: as today is thursday and i'm really tired, I plan on doing some homework (hahahaha yeah. right.) and then going to bed. When I say things like that to my family, they're like, mannn you should go out, take advantage of life, what are you doing at home?

Oh that? Just normal life with a two year old. Today we took out all of my head bands and then put ALL of them on...


In other news, today my class at la Chile was canceled, as were all classes there, because the students in my "facultad" (department) are having demonstrations and participating in protests organized by the ANEF (Asociación Nacional de Empleados Fiscales). Clearly I was productive with my hour and a half off: Christine and I hypothesized ways to initiate making more new friends without being really awkward (we're going for the natural, just slip into being friends thing). So far we have 1) trip and fall into someone, 2) spill something on someone, 3) fall in the fountain by "accident" and hope someone takes pity on the soaking wet idiot, 4) learn how to play the guitar...by tomorrow, 5) sing "La Bamba" at the top of our lungs to the quad. Clearly all of these are looking like they'll have positive outcomes. (I predict that after the "La bamba" performance we'll have friends galore.)

One last thing...the vote has been taken and I am temporarily changing the name of the blog. (Dear Rebecca and Travis, I hope you're happy.)

Well that's all for now. chauuu!

2 comments:

  1. i love your ideas for how to make more friends. i vote for the fountain idea or the la bamba idea. they will definitely draw in hoards of friends. for me, i need to miraculously learn cantonese overnight. we'll have to see about that one.. let's skype sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i cant recommend the second idea for making new friends... i spilled my entire tray (which included pizza, fries, pizza and a drink) on a cute guy in the cafeteria the first week of freshman year here at Mercer and he gave me evil glares the rest of the year lol

    ReplyDelete