Tuesday, August 31, 2010

One of THOSE days

Recently I've been finding myself say/think..."yeah today is just one of THOSE days". You know, the kind: you forget to do something you've been repeating over and over to yourself, you wake up 20 minutes late, whatever. Pretty much everyday I have a "one of THOSE days" moment. Whether it's trying to push my way onto a completely full metro, just to be shoved back out to wait as 4 more trains go by; or perhaps causing a huge line behind me while trying to leave the library (because yes, there are turnstiles to leave the library, and apparently there's some secret way to swipe your student ID, because I tend to take 10 minutes trying to position it in every different way possible, until if finally beeps and lets me out...I'M NOT GOING TO STEAL THE BOOKS TE JUROOOO). While these things are certainly extremely tiring and trying, I find myself appreciating things more. At times it's so frustrating to continuously stick out (hellooo tall and blond), so when I figure out the little things it's a huge victory.

This past weekend I went with some of the gringas para ir a trekking (to go hiking!). It was really great--we went with this group recommended by a Chilean friend. Basically they seem to be the equivalent of the chilean sierra club. We met at 8:15am on sunday morning at a metro station in macul (I got up at 6:30 ON THE WEEKEND. yes I swear it is still me.). It was really nice--some of the group meets there to give transportation to those without cars. We went to the trailhead, and ended up with a group of about 30 people, including lots of families! It was about a 2 hour hike up to a pretty waterfall. We stayed there for a half hour lunch break, and then headed back down. Alison and I ended up talking a lot with two Chileans, and they gave us lots of great suggestions to go hiking in the area. Hopefully we'll get to meet back up with them later to learn the good hiking spots! The group posted a link/description of our trip. At the end they even mentioned that they had 4 people from the US with them on their trip! Here's the link: (http://www.elmontanista.cl/component/content/article/52.html) You have to scroll down to Salida de Trekking: quebrada de macul. Step two, find someone to translate for you haha.

In other news, I've recently become addicted to a new telenovela called La Primera Dama, or the First Lady. If you haven't watched a telenovela, you really haven't truly lived. My description wouldn't do it justice, so here's the trailer for the show (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXs_ZlTayFM). Seriously, you'll get hooked, I swear.

Happy belated birthday to my mom! I had a wonderful time skyping with you crazy partiers the other night. (Way to taunt me with watermelon; uyyy just cruel!)

I'll leave you with another song (of course from la famosa Allie). The wonderful Americo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCFRYupdMXU

Besitos a todos. Cuídense!

No comments:

Post a Comment